Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Is it Possible?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #32
Dave Schwartz

Patrick,

Winning at the races is for people on top of the game of life, not on the bottom.

There is just no short cut for this... you have steps in front of you that must be taken one at a time. Stabilize your life, lose weight and get healthier, support yourself... whatever they are specifically for you, these things must be tackled first. I think you know what the most important issues are.

Understand, I am not saying this cannot be done. Neither am I saying that you, personally, cannot do it. That part is up to you. What I am saying is for anyone in your situation, where you are right now, success at the window is so highly unlikely as to be qualified as impossible.

This is a very tough game just to beat, let alone make a living at. Look at the math...

The Math
Suppose you expect to make $25,000 per year, $500 per week. In today's society that is poverty level. So, how much do you have to wager to win just $500 per week?

Let's assume that you are going to be a highly selective player and make 10 bets per day with a 10% advantage. That means you have to wager $5,000 per week to win $500. With 10 bets per day, that would be 50 bets per week. $5,000 wagered divided by 50 bets means wagering $100 per race. You should have at least 100 such wagers in your pocket in order to play. So, where are you going to get $10,000?

Let's try it again, assuming less selectivity. Of course, less selectivity means less of an advantage. Let's assume that you're going to get 50 bets per day with a 3% advantage. That means 250 bets per week.

$500 per week divided by 3% means wagering $16,700. With a 3% advantage you should have certainly at least 200 wagers in your BR. Each bet needs to be $67 so you need $13,400.

One comes to playing professionally by starting small and developing a pattern of showing a profit over time. As your bankroll builds so does your confidence. As your confidence builds it feeds your profitability. The two go hand in hand to build your bankroll.

This advice comes from someone who has been at this game a long time.

Today, in your situation, going to the window is just gambling. That is simply not the right thing to do.

Kind Regards,
Dave Schwartz
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)