Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Is it Possible?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #39
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Patrick,

Winning at the races is for people on top of the game of life, not on the bottom.

There is just no short cut for this... you have steps in front of you that must be taken one at a time. Stabilize your life, lose weight and get healthier, support yourself... whatever they are specifically for you, these things must be tackled first. I think you know what the most important issues are.

Understand, I am not saying this cannot be done. Neither am I saying that you, personally, cannot do it. That part is up to you. What I am saying is for anyone in your situation, where you are right now, success at the window is so highly unlikely as to be qualified as impossible.

This is a very tough game just to beat, let alone make a living at. Look at the math...

Kind Regards,
Dave Schwartz
Patrick, Dave's math realities, is good think on this, I think...

Patrick take it from one who knows,(me), and you can read all about it once my book is finished, but I have been there.....In short, I had been working at a job that I loved, for some 22-years, and it was a very interesting and eventful job on an ongoing daily basis.....I never minded going to work... And the profit sharing and the wages were very nice indeed....Nice and steady and very secure...

I had always loved the horses, and the handicapping and betting part of it was ever on my mind at every moment that time would allow those thoughts and trips to the track to happen...After a whole bunch of years of flip flopping around, from one side of the kash-ledger to the other, after awhile I got pretty darned good at it....Then one day, from out of the blue, without any preplanning of the realities and eventualities that I would soon have to face without that steady income and security that I had gotten so used to, I just plain outright pulled the trigger and turned "pro"...Anyway !

At first, the first year, I made some serious kash and all was well, but by the 2d year I had managed to make some nice scores, BUT, I was just getting by , but you know, I was still "Living the Dream"....Well Patrick, let me shortcut all of this, after a year and a half of LTD, somehow it all fell apart....It seems that after awhile I wasn't willing to do all the "work" (and yes it is work, a full-time job), and I got sloppy and careless, and then as a result, all sorts of new and negative thinking entered into the picture, and it eventualy all began to spiral dowward...I had always been a partaker of left handed cigarettes and booze, but then after that it only got worse, and it was all downhill after that....As a result, I had become angry and disillusioned, and then I completely lost my way...

It was a heck of ride for awhile tho, but I finally had to fess up and find another way to make my way in life...Being a "Horse-Pro" is a tough gig, and my emotional side just wasn't able to contend with the pitfalls that "do" pop up in this game...It is easy to be a pro when things are going your way, but when negative things rear their ugly heads, well, that is whole-nuther ball game....Get it ?

I had the skill-set, and the bankroll, but there is more to it than that, Patrick...... I wasn't, by any stretch of the imagination, ready for "prime-time"....(I just didn't know it then)
================================================

Patrick, another facet to this game is being creative....It is like a "thesis" that one must write in order to get that higher-rated sheepskin....You must be able to "invent" (discover) at least one thing that will give you an edge over your competition, the crowd.....If you can't do that, you haven't got a shot Patrick....
================================================

Patrick, let your wagering records lead the way, they will tell you all that you need to know....

There are many good n' sharp players in this game, but, after all the expenses are considered, and given the sums of money that they continually wager, they are lucky to be just at the even mark....And that is not a negative, that is a hard thing to do, especially in this day and age....So, are you at least breaking even ?.... From recalling your posts, of not that long ago, I would find it hard to believe that you could have turned your game around enough, in so short a time, that you should even be considering a career as a Pro-horse bettor at this stage...That is the reality that I see with you....

Keep on with the dream Patrick, it is not an impossible dream, but smarter guys than me haven't been able to quite make it in this game as a Pro either, so I don't feel so bad, and you shouldn't either buddy...

best,

Last edited by LottaKash; 06-10-2010 at 12:32 PM.
LottaKash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)