Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Is it Possible?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #41
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Winning at the races is for people on top of the game of life, not on the bottom.

There is just no short cut for this... you have steps in front of you that must be taken one at a time. Stabilize your life, lose weight and get healthier, support yourself... whatever they are specifically for you, these things must be tackled first. I think you know what the most important issues are.
Basically, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

His pyramid of of self-actualization is one of the most practical theories in existence. One must fulfill basic needs before moving on to higher self-actualization ones.

Hence, the person who doesn't have a roof over their head, doesn't feel safe and secure, hasn't addressed psysiological needs like good health, is not ready to consider fulfilling the higher needs like how to use their musicial talent to turn it into greatness. Fullfilling deficiency needs (lower level needs) must be addressed before growth needs (fulfilling your highest potential).

Otherwise, one is motivated by fear, which in wagering is called "scared money".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Dahlman
Grits,

In truth I made a terrible career decision that happened to work out (so far).
A friend's advice to me, when I was balking at making a big decision: "even the less-than-best decision, if carried out with focus, zest, style and discipline and dedication, can turn out to be the right decision."

I used that many times in my life, and found out that the decision is the easy part. The real work comes afterwards, in sheparding the decision to a successful fruition, one that bears fruit.

Obviously, you are humble, but I'm sure there was a lot more involved than that it just happened to work out. I'm sure you worked it, smart and hard.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)