Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 08:52 AM   #10
proximity

home me take roads country.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post

I also saw proximity a few weeks ago at Charles Town in what is now a rare sighting. Seems his activity is almost non-existent due to an extremely busy work schedule.
"extremely busy" would be a nice break, but starting to doubt the annual vegas trip to bally's and the blu pool I decided to take a vacation day for this old school run to charles town.

I get up early and it's a great feeling to hear the birds chirping and to breathe in the crisp morning air while anticipating the possible fortunes that the day will bring.

but (as usual) my euphoria is short lived.

halfway to the racino I stop at a denny's to grab a grand slam breakfast and some coffee. i'm trying to remember my starting hand chart as a baby at the next table screams in my ear. this is about the highlight of the trip.

it's a Saturday at ct but apparently the old 3/6 game is dead? I never even see a list for it and take a seat against track collector's rivals at 1/2 no limit.

unfortunately I pick up where the old tour left off. I get 9 4 literally dozens of times but rarely look down at any decent hands over the 6 1/2 hour contest.

i get AK twice.

the first time i flop a king and river trips but am beaten heads up by a flopped flush.

the second time ace high with a king beats ace high with a nine.

obviously a net loss on the day with AK.

with 65 of clubs on the button i do get a nice flop of 66T rainbow.

two callers follow me to the turn where (of course) we see another dime.

i check behind the other two players and the player to my immediate right bets the river.

i pause here and actually get lucky when my hesitation causes the first to act player to fold out of turn, leaving me heads up with the cutoff who has nothing when i make the call.

over at the track it all comes down to silver castle in the finale.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/char...19&cy=USA&rn=8

on the ride up 81 i kick myself for my beyeresque aggression; not getting at least a saver exacta with favored meltech, but despite the lousy results it was refreshing to get out of work for a day and i even got to see master track collector in action!

thank you for reading!!

game -177 (1/2 nl)
year -177 (0-1)

Last edited by proximity; 06-15-2019 at 08:57 AM.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)