Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: 2018-19 NBA
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 12:18 PM   #39
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale View Post
Anderson was highly mediocre 8/5/3 and Parker nearly worthless at this point -- two players whose value is easily replaced. If they force Kawhi to play (and apparently NBA teams can sue for breach of contract, if he doesn't) they'll win 55 games. If they take Sixers' deal, they probably win ca. 50 -- i.e., a little better than last year. Really no need to tank -- at least yet.

There's much talk of Kawhi damaging his brand in this situation, but so is the Spurs organization in the eyes of NBA players -- it's always been viewed in a positive light and now the halo effect will be gone and it may be more difficult to get FAs to want to go there. A quick deal is in everyone's interest, and I have a feeling the Spurs will end up going for a a sweetened Sixer deal fairly soon.
I really question the assertion that the Spurs "brand" is being damaged by this. You have a player who is clearly being a baby; a well paid baby at that. The Spurs should not trade him and force him to play. Call his bluff. 20 years of positivity doesn't get cancelled out by one malcontent.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)