Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #30
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Hat View Post
Sorry, the post was actually a poor attempt at self-deprecation and a bad joke, but there is probably a little truth in it, as I am more interested in handicapping and hearing talk about the horses, racing, and seeing the horses up close than a meal and drinking downtown after the races, and it was meant as a reply to the poster who said that if he couldn't stay in Saratoga he wouldn't go. And who isn't grateful to get older?

My wife and I have been going down from Boston pretty much every weekend except for one or two during the meet, since 2000. We've sat in the same area, and have made friends with the regular people around us, mainly through my wife, who would talk to people around us. We attended the Breeders Cup last year with friends we met years ago at Saratoga, and had a great time, and have gone to parties with at people's houses who live in the area.

We go down Friday night after work, and back Sunday after the races; by the time Travers weekend rolls around it usually is kind of a haul, so a quiet meal and hotel room in Albany on a Saturday night is OK with us.
I like this post a whole lot better...we have much in common!
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)