Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 08:36 AM   #159
ubercapper

I can easily tell you were, and are, frustrated with the response you got, but since it wasn't me, as I've been at Equibase since late 2001, all I can do is try to remedy it to some extent.

If it were me, I would have shared (at least the summary) the various regressions which were done to insure that 95% or more of all winner's figures were distributed correctly on the new scale. If it was in the last couple of years, I would have shared some of the work done since the recaibration to smooth out outliers and the annual recalculations done (with the benefit of shipper studies) to insure the variants are as accurate as they can be.

That being said, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues you had, but that discussion is better served via email or phone. I will be happy to share whatever data I can about the recalibration and continued efforts to insure the ESF is as efficient as possible in the handicapping process. Some of what you may want could be above my head and if that is the case I would be happy to put you in contact with David Siegel (who does post to PA occasionally), who can answer any issues I can't.

My intent is not to get you to switch back, but to try to remedy what transpired in your communication with TM previously.

If interested, please send me an email address via PM and I will reach out.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)