Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: country house
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 07:29 PM   #12
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
i don't think that's fair to the horse. sure, you could throw out a blanket statement which may or may not be true and say it was because of the "condition of the track" and back it up with conviction that he won't do it again, because he has never done anything like it. i respect that, and it may be true.

but the horse earned it. he didn't sit, wait, scoot up the rail, luck sack into a super fast pace, etc....the only benefit he had was getting a great ride and having horse. you really can't say he didn't earn 2nd place. the horse raced like a high profile contender throughout
I don't know that I am being unfair to the horse. I analyzed this horse's last 3 races at length...and found them consistently slower than the races of the opposing horses. I've also seen plenty of races on a muddy track where the horses have run as if their past performances were forgeries. I put the two together and conclude that what we saw yesterday was a poor indication of what these horses are really capable of...and I predict a much different scenario unfolding in the future.

Nothing "unfair" about the horse at all...IMO.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom