Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 09:30 AM   #148
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm10 View Post
That's the problem. When I spoke to them, virtually everything seemed to be "reselling". I couldn't even include the horse name unless I paid the license fee. So I ended up with a great product that has exactly one user (ie. me).

Hypothetically, if I wrote an iphone app that shows predicted speed, an odds-line, etc, would I not have to pay a license fee to Equibase??
For personal use - no fee, no license.

For commercial use - a license is needed if the product uses electronic data from a data source (Bris, Drf, Equibase & others) internally and the end user obtains the output, because the terms of service for obtaining the data allow for personal use only. The cost of the data varies. I can connect anyone interested with someone if they want an idea of the cost if you send me a PM.

Some products use a shared fee agreement with companies like Bris, TrackMaster, Equibase or HDW and their product is covered under the license of those companies as well as sold on those sites.

Some products have the user purchase a commercially available file (such as those available from Bris and TrackMaster) which runs through the product on the user's end to create an output. This does not require a license because the data itself is for personal use.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)