Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 01:57 PM   #24
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
No.

IC IG investigates the claim. Makes his judgement. Delivers to the DNI who in turn delivers it to Congress.

The law is not vague on this.
Correct the law is not vague.

The statute does not apply to the President carrying out his duties relating to foreign affairs.

First reason. The statute applies to Intelligence agencies employees. The President is not an employee of an intelligence committee.

Second reason, Congress cannot make a law limiting Presidential powers as the office of the President is Constitutional office, it is not an agency created by Congressional act. The act of trying to apply the statute to the President is unconstitutional.

The U.S. House needs to stop the charade that it has oversight over an independent Constitutional office.

It is all politics. The Dem controlled committees are using this charade to play to its base, as way to inhibit the President by insinuating the evidence proving the President's criminal acts is being kept from them and to protect its own criminals, i.e. Biden from prosecution.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most