Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 11:04 AM   #79
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Aren't these the kinds of decisions you have to make before the race if you want to be a successful bettor? Sure, you'll be wrong sometimes, but if you keep waiting for results to forma solid opinion you are just going to be a spectator much of the time.

lol

In his case, it's still not clear to me whether he was a precocious 2yo that's not developing as fast as some of the other 3yos or whether his wide trips have masked some of the development.

The reason I say that is for both the Rebel and SA Derby I didn't think being wide was especially disadvantageous on those days. He would have been better off saving some ground, but I don't think those efforts were quite as good as let's say what Ragozin and TG show or what adjusting his Beyer and TF figures for ground loss would show. But they were still good efforts. His Derby trip was more problematical because of how extremely wide he was. I just can't be exact in any of this.

The way I would handle it would be to look at the price.

If they are betting him off his literal RAGs and TGs numbers, I'd probably err on the side of trying to beat him and if they are betting him like a horse that's not getting any better and getting passed by other developing 3yos, I'd be more apt to at least use him.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)