Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 02:19 AM   #9
Irishfever

Thank you very much for your opinions.

I am not enamored with the small field and the unknown with Justify to bet tote action.

To Dave W, I attached a screen shot with the odds. It looks like they have changed. I believe you have to bet two events to occur and you can combine them with sports matchups which I don't plan on doing. I think it takes $500 for them to recalculate odds which they move a dime down.

For ex, matchup 1 Quip 2.30
Bravazo 2.40
Diamond King 2.50

So yes they are fixed odds when you lock them in but unlike parimutuel odds they are multipliers so if you combine with LS at 2.20 you get odds of 5.28-1 less the $1 wagered so really only 4.28-1 odds.

If your dead nutz sure a certain outcome will happen it is worth it. Last year on a big race they offered 3.40 multiplier on a horse everybody knew would be 1-2 parimutually when offered in a four horse matchup. All you had to do was find the winner of a 2nd event and you got a payout of better than 10-1. I think they took a real beatdown over it bc many cashed for thousands.

You have convinced me to go Diamond King and Lone Sailor. Great thoughts, I like how you build a case for your horses Tornado. Ty Immortal, Fischer, Mad for your input. And don't worry if it doesn't come in, I won't be blaming anybody,that's why they call it gambling.

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot (9).png (443.6 KB, 13 views)
Irishfever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)