Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #45
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
That was terrible.

This cop seemed to be looking for a reason to blow this kid away. I have no training, but everything about the way this was handled seemed wrong.

The thing that probably got the cop off was the kid reaching behind his back the first time. It provoked a serious reaction from the cop. A cop will not know why you are reaching behind you. Many people keep guns in their pants behind them. So he could have easily been reaching for a gun. That's why he was screaming at the kid to not reach behind again or he'd shoot him.

The kid did not realize the significance of why he should reach behind himself and seemed to be making a move in that direction again when the cop shot him. Tragic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
c'mon man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm not sure what you are complaining about. I trashed the way the cops handled it.

How are you supposed have your hands in the air, your legs crossed, and crawl at the same time?

However, if you actually watch the video carefully you'll see what I was talking about.

People often keep guns in their pants in the back. It keeps the gun less visible. So if you reach behind during an encounter with a cop, his first instinct will be that you may be reaching for a gun. That's exactly why the cop screamed at the kid when he put both of his hands behind his back. The kid thought he was doing a submissive thing, but he was actually doing a provocative thing. A hyperactive cop could have conceivably made a mistake and shot him right there. That's why the cop told him if you do that again we are going to shoot you.

Also, the article I posted above give more context.

The shooter was not the one barking the orders. The sergeant was barking orders and they were responding to a call about someone with a gun.

None of that is an excuse for a badly handled situation. It's an explanation.
We can all see the video where he reaches his arm towards his back. And we all realize that the guy who got executed was an idiot who minutes earlier was brandishing a gun.

You did more crawling around in these posts than the guy who was executed.

Liberal or Conservative, whether you happen to be pro Law Enforcement or a social justice warrior, all sides benefit from improving police-citizen interaction. Competency and accountability must exist at some level.

Your posts here scream 'confirmation bias'.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)