Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #51
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
Nice couple of posts, AlsoEligible. Personally, I think your comments should be printed out and given to people in charge. You're 30, interested in data, gambling and not afraid to put work into your hobby. Your lack of interest in horse racing carries weight.

Your comment about takeout being irrelevant seems exactly right. Millions of people put their money into far worse endeavors. Takeout is important but only to those inside the fence (playing daily). It is up to those with daily/weekly interest to keep the game honest. To those not following the game, what happens with takeout rarely moves the needle.

I think there is a way to increase the overall appeal of the sport and attract 30-somethings, 20-somethings, but feel it is highly, highly unlikely in its current state.

I don't have the answers but can isolate the landmines that have to be addressed. To be honest, I'm rather shocked the game has been able to meander in the forest, without serious direction, for so long. I would think smart people could identify corrective actions to keep the game relevant. In the end, I think there are just too many people trying to take a bit of the apple and don't want to jeopardize their personal interests and profits.
http://blog.horseplayersassociation....ch?q=roulette+

Excerpt:

Q. How many 'zeroes' do you have to add to a roulette wheel to turn roulette into the equivalent of what a newbie horse bettor faces? (Where random WPS selections produce long term net losses bordering on minus 25 percent?)

A. Believe it or not you have to add TEN ADDITIONAL ZEROES - until the layout itself has TWELVE ZEROES ON IT! – in order to turn roulette into the equivalent gamble (net losses of minus 25 percent) faced by a horse bettor making random WPS selections at 16 percent takeout!

TWELVE zeroes! (Mull that over for a few minutes until it sinks in.)

No one in their right mind is going to spend any serious amount of time immersed in study trying to develop a system to beat a roulette wheel with TWELVE freaking zeroes on it. (Can we at least agree on that much?)
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)