Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #80
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
Question (for anyone who cares to chime in): Do you straddle, and if so, why?
I don't straddle, but it doesn't hurt the game. If I did straddle it would only be on the button, if allowed. (For obvious reasons.)

Straddles come in all shapes and sizes. Straddle structure varies depending on where you play in Vegas. Some places play that if the button straddles then the small blind is first to act. I don't like that at all. Normally, the straddle is last to act unless there is a raise.

At Planet Hollywood if you straddle in position it's $5 ($1-2 game), anywhere out of position is $20 and a button straddle is $10. And they do it!

If the person to your left is constantly straddling you should change seats. If the person on your right is button straddling that's not too bad when you're in the small blind.

A straddle is just another ante (or blind). If you want to put more money in the pot without looking at your cards, fine, go ahead. Like I said, it doesn't hurt the game.

I remember a game in Mississippi. It was $100-200 pot-limit-Omaha with a mandatory $400 button straddle. Needless to say a huge game. I didn't play it, but I saw some 80K pots in that game.

Last edited by barn32; 11-07-2019 at 01:52 PM.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)