Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 01:01 PM   #89
proximity

change is the only constant.....

halfway to the racino I stop at a denny's to grab a grand slam breakfast and some coffee. i'm trying to remember my starting hand chart as a baby at the next table screams in my ear. this is about the highlight of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post
in a tradition that may need to change I once again brave a route 81 denny's that's about halfway between "Hollywood" empires pen and ct. for about a minute I get to savor my grand slam breakfast (although i'm STILL waiting for the coffee I ordered to wash it down) when what looks to be the honey boo boo family reunion is given the booths and tables right next to me in an otherwise empty restaurant.
one final trip to charles town races and slots to celebrate new year's eve. I take my girlfriend and only play slots, so I finish the campaign with $60 of losses and a very uninspiring 2-2 record.

I do take a couple laps around the poker room but don't see any sign of track collector? at last report though, he was doing great and I hope he finished the season well. he is a damn good man.

trying to get a jump start on my resolution to be nominated for 2020 world boyfriend of the year I opt to bypass the Hilton garden's fare and instead stop at our old friend the chambersburg (pa) denny's!!

but the denny's is closed.....permanently!

a painted wooden sign says that a new Japanese restaurant (sakura?) will be coming soon, but it won't be the same.

I guess change really is the only constant?

good luck in 2020!!

game: none
season: -60(2-2)
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most