Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: HIDDEN SCROLL
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 02:29 PM   #36
Robert Fischer
clean money

I wonder what Hidden Scroll's 'good race' looks like.

So far, I've seen two races from him, and neither gave me a straight-forward representation of what his good race is.

If I had to guess, I'd say that he does not look like a top Kentucky Derby or triple-crown-series contender at this point. He belongs in the 20 horse field (TBH I didn't just run down a 20-deep field, but 'F it, put him in the top-20), he's just not looking like a win-contender.

That was a long shot chance after his debut, but it couldn't be ruled out, and I'd say it's even less likely now.

I know it's a business and the talking heads did a great job, but I think I heard 'Justify' being mentioned 297 times between the previews and the broadcasts... Smart media. But Justify is a different animal. Justify also would have done a lot more, even with that hot pace. Nobody ran a big race in the FOY, but even if you make a case for Hidden Scroll, I can't see his performance numbers being much higher than the dream trip winner.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)