Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 06:37 AM   #2
Teach

Race Two:

THERE GOES JOSE is a “plodder” who might just go “all the way”. Frankly, this gelding appears to do his best work on wet-surfaces (a fast track is expected; yet, there were showers in the New York City area early last evening). This gelding’s trainer, Rob Atras, is having an outstanding Aqueduct meet. Atras does exceptionally well with horses entered in dirt races. I’m tending to look at this Chief Seattle-bred as a “board hitter” who might, at his very best, “get all the enchiladas”. Joey Martinez has the call.

2 Call the Cat’s breeding appears to indicate a predilection for the turf. Yet this Giant’s Causeway-bred’s only win came on a fast dirt track against somewhat better. This Gary Sciacca-trainee has shown so little lately; it would take a complete reversal of form… I will say one thing: This gelding has faced better in the past. It’s just that his current form has been so dismal. Kevin Carmona is in the irons.

THERE HE GOES easily won his last against better; this gelding now moves up now to face winners. Yet, this Street Cry-bred has been away from the races for nearly two months. His most recent morning work was decent. This Skip Away-bred looks like “a contendah”. Yet, his hiatus does give cause for concern. Danny Gargan trains – for who else? – Midwest Thoroughbreds. Gargan does well with horses entered in claiming events.

UNION WISE takes a sharp drop down the claiming ladder. His trainer, Jim Ryerson, has given this highly-priced Union Rags (Dixie Union)-bred a 2-month vacation (I assume to try to figure why this grey gelding hasn’t been performing up to his potential). I believe that if they’ve gotten this Tactical Cat-bred straightened out, he’s capable of winning (that is a big “IF”). This grey gelding has, in his favor, turned in a couple solid morning works. Reylu Gutierrez is in the irons. I see this gelding as “a sleeper”.

5 Local Edition has shown little in recent tries. This Lemon Drop Kid-bred appears to do his best running on a wet track. This gelding is cutting back one panel; that may help. So too are the services of Irad Ortiz, Jr. Richard Schosberg trains. A minor award is a possibility.

METAPHORICAL is another gelding who has shown little in his two most recent starts. In his defense, this bay gelding had issues leaving the gate in his last. This Distorted Humor-bred did break his maiden at today’s distance in late November at “The Big A” against better in a race that was taken off the turf. This is this Forty Niner-bred’s third-start off a layoff (I like that handicapping angle). The 4-year old’s trainer, Ray Handal, does well with horses entered in claiming events. Manny Franco has the call. I see this Grand Reward-bred as a potential board-hitter.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)