Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 07:02 AM   #5
Teach

Race Five:

SUMMER BOURBON has been installed as the 2-1 M/L second choice in this OC sprint for New York state-breds. In my opinion, this Ghostzapper-bred gelding could get overbet. Oh, this 6-year old is most capable of hitting the tote, yet I’m not particularly enamored with him as a “win” candidate. This Awesome Again-bred was claimed out of his last; he now resides in a John Toscano, Jr, barn. Toscano is mediocre when it comes to winning 1st off a claim. I get the feeling this gelding will need at least one race for his new connections to get him “up to speed”. Thus, my belief that a minor award, rather than a win, may be in the offing. Kendrick Carmouche is in the irons.

TRIBECCA has been a model of consistency in recent tries. Yet, I believe the M/L favorite is vulnerable. That’s not saying that this Bustin Stones-bred can’t hit the board. It’s just that I find a win bet “iffy”. I would consider “buying insurance”. I’m not of the mind to single this City Zip-bred in multi-race wagers. Manny Franco is in the stirrups for Rudy Rodriguez.

SPEIGHTFUL KITTEN appears better suited for the turf. Yet this Kitten’s Joy-bred has graced the tote in all four of his recent dirt races. However, this Speightstown-bred has been away from the races for over two months. Yet, since her last race, this 5-year bay gelding has turned in a couple “bullet” works. Oh, this gelding can be there; yet I would have preferred a wet track. Linda Rice trains; Junior Alvarado is in the irons.

FIVE STAR BUNT switches to Irad Ortiz, Jr. That rider change could make a significant difference in this Posse-bred’s chances of winning. In this relatively evenly-matched field, it wouldn’t take much to give one horse an edge over another. Linda Rice trains this Silver Deputy-bred.

5 Sicilia Mike has made a racing habit of being “The Best Man,” instead of the groom. This Giralamo-bred gelding has won only twice in 35 lifetime starts; yet he’s finished second 13 times. Thus, a minor award is not out of the question. It should be noted that this gelding’s trainer, Gary Sciacca, is just 6% wins in sprints from a very large sampling. Dylan Davis reprises the ride.

6 Candid Desire could do nothing in the Caixa Eletronica. Yet now this Yes It’s True-bred gelding is in with the kind with whom he can compete. I see this gelding as potential lower-rung “board-hitter”. I suppose the only think that can lead to a trip to the winner’s circle is if a speed duel develops and this gelding is there to pick up the pieces. Eric Cancel is in the irons for trainer Carlos Martin. Depending on your thinking, you might consider this gelding as: “a saver”.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)