Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 07:08 AM   #6
Teach

Race Six:

1 Prisoner’s Dilemma has never run on the turf (he’s had only one race). I believe the only way this Blame-bred has a chance is if she leaves. Her only race did not show any indication of that. I should note that her trainer, Christophe Clement, does very well with horses making their first appearance on the grass. It should be noted that this filly has been away from the races for over four months. Irad Ortiz, Jr. is in the irons.

2 Barton Hall possesses a degree of turf pedigree; yet I hold out little hope for this first-timer hitting the tote. Michelle Nevin trains; Manny Franco is in the irons. Watch the board for any signs.

3 Happy Music is making her first start for trainer John Terranova II. Terranova does well with horses making their turf debut, albeit with a limited sample. Junior Alvarado is in the stirrups.

ANDRETTA is making her first start in over 7 months. Yet this Freud-bred mare has been most competitive at this level. The veteran Joe Bravo handles the reins for trainer Jim Bond. I believe this mare is “a player”.

SUMMER FANTASY has a solid turf pedigree and some decent morning works (I like it that this 3-year old is being prepped from the gate). I don’t quite know what to expect, yet the potential exists. Javier Castellano for Jeremiah Englehart.

6 Tzipi is another distaffer with a decent turf pedigree. This filly’s only pari-mutuel start on the main resulted in a 4th place finish. I believe there is room for improvement as this filly now makes her first grass start. I should note that her trainer, Linda Rice, has just mediocre record when it comes to horses making their first start on the grass. Jose Lezcano has the call. I’ll watch her on the track and on the board.

7 Serious Mischief is another filly with a solid turf pedigree. She’s another first-timer in this large field. Sometimes a first-timer needs a race under their belt; on the other hand, sometimes they don’t. Linda Rice is the trainer. John Velazquez is the pilot.

8 J J Jen is a Mark Hennig first-timer with a mediocre turf pedigree. This Johannesburg-bred did turn in a solid recent morning work, from the gate. I’m inclined to watch, that is unless I see something unusual in betting patterns. I should also note that Hennig is 0-for-28 with horses making their turf debut. Dylan Davis has the call.

GUNBOAT DIPLOMACY is the “mystery” horse. It’s no mystery that this bay filly hasn’t raced in four months. And, when she did race on the main, she hardly “raised a gallop”. Yet, this filly did turn in a recent stellar 3-panels “bullet” work from the gate. This filly’s dam, Queen of Valentine, had 5 winners from 6 starters and 1 turf winner. Eric Cancel is in the irons for Bruce Brown.

10 Tarallucci has a solid turf pedigree. Yet will that translate into a board-hitting, first-time effort? This filly’s trainer, George Weaver, does reasonably well with first-time starters. I’ll be watching this filly on the track and on the board.

11 Bourbon High looks outclassed.

CARALICIOUS could be “the sleeper”. I’m not thinking so much about winning; it has to do more with the completing a gimmick. This Noble Mission-bred will need to get into the flow if this Galileo-bred is to make any kind of impact. Luis Reyes rides for Emron Ibrahim. Ibrahim does very well with 2nd after a claim, albeit from a limited sampling.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)