Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 07:19 AM   #9
Teach

Race Nine:

1 Bridgetothefuture is an AE who does not impress. I suppose a minor award is possible.

1a Tio Blas is another AE horse. In my opinion, he does not figure into the equation.

2 Deft has never raced on the turf. I find this gelding an unlikely win candidate.

3 Halstaat has a solid turf pedigree. His trainer, Linda Fisher, adds blinkers. This gelding would be a surprise; yet he has faced MSW types on the dirt.

4 Linns Boy would be a complete surprise.

5 Lobe Pioneer has never raced on the turf. In fact, he’s been beaten by weaker on the main. Yet Rob Atras trains and Junior Alvarado is in the irons.

EL FENOMENO has faced better, but that was on the dirt. He now switches to the grass. I will say this: The turf pedigree is there. This gelding has an outside chance of popping at a price.

RED MULE is stretching out a half-panel. I believe this Gary Contessa-trainee is capable of hitting the tote. Kendrick Carmouche has the call.

POWER BOSS has tried the turf three times but has not hit the tote. Yet those races were against MSW company. I believe this colt has a chance. Manny Franco for Gary Contessa.

9 Don Ciccio would appear to be a longshot in this company. I find him hard to recommend.

10 Ink Splotz is a first-timer with a limited turf pedigree.

11 Smidge would appear to be out of his league.

CUBE is “a player”. There is no doubt. He should benefit from his outside starting post and the services of jockey Irad Ortiz, Jr. His trainer is Dermot Magner.

13 Amistad has a degree of turf pedigree, yet his trainer Chris Englehart is winlses in the category of 1st race on the grass. Dylan Davis in is in the irons.

14 Pellegrino has never raced on the turf. I find him hard to recommend.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)