Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 11:45 AM   #4
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Isn't that how much parking cost at Dallas Cowboy home games? Is that shopping mall still by the track, if so I wonder how well it will be monitored. Back in the day that is where I parked, mostly to beat the traffic after the last race. I would run to my truck and usually beat the traffic to the 210 Eastbound.

No matter how I was doing financially I have had an aversion to paying big bucks to park. I usually had a spot at events I regularly attended to avoid parking fees. Due note I never parked in residential areas. I was only burned once, my friend and I went to the Auto Club Speedway, in Fontana Ca. Nascar Cup events there are expensive parking and a PITA to get out.

We parked a little less than a mile away. The train tracks we had to cross had
a stopped train on them, damn thing must have been two miles long, that was lame. The no traffic getaway was foiled that time.
A couple of observations:

1. Parking has increased way above inflation. When I was a kid it cost $2 to park at Dodger Stadium and $4 to park at football games. Now it costs $30 to park at Dodger Stadium and $80 to park at football games. This has become a pretty significant profit center for events, especially in car-centric places. (Obviously parking charges are close to irrelevant at Madison Square Garden, for instance.)

2. You really are a captive audience. My late father used to do what Inner Dirt describes. At some places it worked alright- e.g., you really could park on the street outside Dodger Stadium. But in other places I wouldn't recommend it- many times sports events are in bad neighborhoods, there are byzantine parking regulations and tow-away zones, etc. Plus sometimes the local businesses charge even more for parking than you pay at the official lot.

3. Sometimes discount parking passes appear on StubHub and other places, because venues comp their VIP's for parking (you don't tell some celebrity who you want to come to the Breeders Cup that they have to pay $75 to park!).
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom