Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: TwinSpires
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 05:33 PM   #97
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
That's the problem with the internet. Lack of reason.
The lack of reason on internet is not the problem. The problem is your need to comment on the lack of reason on the internet in the cases when the internet is not lacking reason.

Quote:
The batch issue is completely separate from your one time random data issue .
Wrong again. The batch issue and the tote data issue is a tote data provider issue. The problems were born in the same place. Each one manifested themselves differently, but they sprouted from the same starting point. No service provider. No problems.

It was not a one time random data issue. It happened 8 times in 6 different races. I am looking around to see if I can find someone with a set of archived HK pool data to see if this has happened before.

It was not just my data issue. It was a data issue for anyone who bets on HK races and relies on the data feed from the aforementioned data provider.

Quote:
How do you know it wasn't the Hong Kong feed at fault?
Because I checked Amwager's tote and the odds on the HKJC website. Those two sites agree. No horses on the Amwager site had 8388607 bet on them at the end of the betting period.

Also, every horse that had questionable data from aforementioned data provider had the same exact amount bet on them -- 8388607.

Now, I'm not a world class statistician by any stretch of the imagination, but given that there can be over 1 billion HK bet on a single horse the chances of 8 different horses in 6 different races having exactly 8388607 bet on them is incredibly small. Not impossible, but the most likely explanation is that there was an error in the data the tote provider sent out.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)