Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: TwinSpires
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #105
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemaster View Post
highnote, you are correct it does say Supertote so I'm wrong. I didn't realize that was on there. The old Supertote was discontinued when the new BRIS site was launched and that link redirects you to the mobile interface (m....).

Again, there were no reports of an issues on that interface. If you are having one I would contact Tech Support for help. Gonna be awhile before you can test the Hong Kong theory though since their last day of the meet was the other night.
Thanks again.

It occurred to me that since it was the last day of the meeting people let their guard down a little and things slipped through the cracks. It's kind of the like restaurant at the Carousel at Saratoga on closing day. It's pretty laid back compared to the tension there on opening day.

I may have posted this before:

Here are 8 horses that had 8388607 bet on them to win:

Race #5 - horse #3
Race #6 - horse #2
Race #7 - horse #3
Race #8 - horse #7 and horse #8
Race #10 - horse #13 and horse #14
Race #11 - horse #7

It looks like a software glitch. I went back at the end of the day and checked to toteboard in a couple of different browsers. I am trying to figure out a scenario where two different browsers would display the wrong win bet amounts on 8 different horses over 5 races.

Like PA said, maybe it's because I was getting to TS through an typical way that the values in some of the fields did not update properly or were stored in a variable and the variable didn't get cleared?

I'll keep an eye on it. I think I can probably get by with just the odds from the HKJC website and use them to estimate the pool sizes. I like to bet the Dr. Z place and show system -- although, they only have place wagering in HK which is like show wagering here. They give the odds for place -- which I have never seen done anywhere else -- maybe England? I'm not sure how they calculate place odds. And I don't know if the place odds are fixed or if they are pari-mutuel.

I don't think TS shows place odds -- just win odds.

Anyway, lots of questions and lots to learn and investigate.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)