Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 10:20 AM   #1359
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hues10 View Post
Mike, you see very helpful, which is great. I think the last person was asking more for information on how to set the factors up. As in there must be some tested factor weighting’s that have a proven track record of some success. No body seems to discuss that here. I know there is no one magic formula, but there are leading factors. My two cents.
Hues10
Here is a copy from a previous post I made in 2017 in post #866.
You need to track what Handifast factors are winning at your track by using the Batch processor(Handisearch) in conjunction with the Exotic results file (.XRD extension) These are .25c per track/day at Brisnet. And use the corresponding single data files (.DRF file $1.00 /track/day).
But as a general guide, for sprints, assign a high weight to the EP and CL factors and for a route assign higher LP and CL and maybe higher trainer factor weights. Over time or after tracking races for a while, you will learn what factors win at your track or even at turf routes or turf sprints or dirt sprints or dirt routes. I made separate ones for maiden too.

Here is one I tinkered with at Monmouth and have good results early in the 2017 season (your results may vary):

For Dirt Sprint analyst
Class=200
EP=250
Turf=250 hey, it's a working factor so far
trainer=150
Jockey=250
Speed 2 back=100
Last speed=150
Power/speed Combo=100
Mitchell power=200

Good luck!
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply