Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 11:27 AM   #5
Mr.XXX

I am absolutely floored. That is so much stuff that it initially triggered a fleeting thought of sarcasm.

What's even more surprising is not seeing a clue of this discussed.

If I'm imagining things correctly, then this is the only program to have for anyone; casual or serious.
Even if hypothetically there was a steep learning curve for some parts, at least one can rely on the pace and pp modules; who doesn't need those.

The biggest hurdle nowadays is TIME INEFFICIENCY--having to use MULTIPLE sources and programs to get everything. Because usually IF some program has multiple modules, then maybe the pp module is too condensed. Or the form graph too simplistic. Or the figures are a mechanical formula. Or the pace module doesn't have the total Sartin array. Or the database portion does not accept regular language, requiring almost programming knowledge. Or columns are not sortable, or are in almost unreadable dosbox format.

Everyday becomes a pre-prep kludge time sink of downloading, importing, exporting since to this day not everything has auto, background or at least multi-select, one button.
Followed by a constant manual input of surface change and scratches for programs w/o that auto feature.
And the handicapping hasn't even started yet.

Sorry for getting long-winded, but anyone else in a similar predicament seriously needs to consider switching over.

I have a consulting gig going through the end of the year, I will jump on this once back home.
Mr.XXX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most