Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #5050
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
There is no such thing as an "evil heart". Only "evil minds". The heart dwarfs the mind in size and dimensions. The mind is much weaker than the heart, therefore making it susceptible to "evil".

The definition of "evil" is that it has no heart. Evil is the lack of "the Light". Heart is the Light. Light is the physical manifestation of Heart. Evil cannot overcome the Heart just like Evil cannot overcome God.

I commend you on your strong drive for God. But your efforts are confused,ignorant and misdirected.
Listen to what your bosom drinking buddy said:

Matt 15:18-19
8 "But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. 19 "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.
NASB

See also Gen 6:5; 8:21; Prov 6:14; Jer 17:9, etc. Jesus' teaching harmonizes with the OT. Yours, on the hand, is always in conflict with the Word of God.

Why do you think that God promised, under the New Covenant, to give his people a NEW HEART!? He had to give his people a new heart because the corruption of sin extends to all man's faculties -- mind, will, affections and conscience. There is nothing in man that is untainted by sin, hence the Doctrine of Total Depravity.

Ezek 36:26-27
26 "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 "And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.
NASB

Just as all sin proceeds from a natural, evil heart, likewise obedience to God's law proceeds from his gift of a supernaturally, regenerated heart.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)