Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 05:44 PM   #55
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlayHunter View Post
Whosonfirst, by "dual" are you referring to the "Double Play" on Page 67 or does "dual" refer to something else in the book?
Maybe I'm using a term that Jim Lehane doesn't use. I meant that they were both dual qualified, by having a made a Turn/Move in his last race and also a Stretch Move, having gained in both parts of last race. In the case of the 58.80 winner, he also had a nice speed improvement which is something I look for over his previous race, but I didn't want to call him a triple qualifier, since Calibration Hcp. doesn't use speed ratings in that way. I do like using either Late Pace (Bris) or final fraction to separate multiple contenders.
I believe Jim calls a double play when horse has the best last out Beyer and best final fraction. While a powerful angle, it often leads to favorites.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)