Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 03:29 AM   #60
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
What are the odds you have no clue about the full faith and credit clause of the Constitution?
What odds would you give that if the State of Illinois were to implement the 75% confiscation plan proposed by Boris that (1) a lawsuit would be filed based on the arguments that I outlined and (2) the plaintiffs would prevail?

What is your interpretation of Article IV, Section 1? Was not said Section the basis for the SCOTUS decision regarding gay marriage? What if both Illinois and Florida were to implement such a plan? A husband could be required to live in Illinois, or face confiscation of his funds, while his wife was required to live in Florida or face a similar confiscation. A central tenet of marriage is that husband and wife live together but this would not be possible under the above scenario. So now we have lawsuits against both Illinois and Florida. How do you think SCOTUS would rule on that one? Do you think SCOTUS would reverse their position on gay marriage? What about Loving vs. North Carolina?

What about the right to privacy? My pension check is deposited directly in a bank that does business nation wide. Does the State of Illinois have a right to a copy of my bank statement in order to insure that I spend the money in-state? If so then I could not buy stuff on the internet. Interstate commerce once again enters the picture.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)