Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 05:27 AM   #84
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I’ve got 57 as of this week. I would say just like you…..5-6 keep you busy. Congrats on your success!

I do my payroll thru ADP. My guys know nothing of payroll taxes etc. I tried to explain to them that we pay about 10%+ more than their regular pay in taxes ……..let’s just say I stopped having that conversation.
I was much, much less affected by Covid than you were. Minimal effects actually because more than 95% of our business over the years is Medicaid. Pays a lot less than private pay, but Uncle Sam pays every Friday like clockwork. I read many of your covid posts back then and your recovery from the shutdown. You did a fabulous job of managing your human resources to minimize the turnover once you came back online. It is hard to gain loyalty but you've done a good job at that and that paid dividends when you needed it.

We use Quickbooks, but would not recommend them any longer. It was good for a few years but in 2023, they really F'd up some of my files and took no responsibility for it. You are unable to contact their tax dept. Period. Not even customer service has their number. You have to email them questions and they respond within 30 days per their policy!! Their customer service has changed drastically. It is much harder to contact them and when you do, it's often someone in the Phllippines with a rooster crowing in the background. In other words, they are trying to beef up the bottom line, probably so they can sell the company at a bigger profit. So I'm not a fan. They used to be much better.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom