Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 09:25 AM   #49
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
So a cop on an interstate in inclimate weather is compared to a cop arriving on a scene where there has been said to be guns and a shooter???
And this is how "nerves of steel are determined'???

I can imagine you have never had hot lead flying over your head or at you.
Considering that cars were spinning out on the parkway at 55 miles per hour and coming down a very slippery hill and that highway state patrolman was walking along the edge of the highway and could have been hit by a 1500 pound projectile at any second I'd say he had nerves of steel. I saw them spinning out and there was no way I would have gotten out of my car. The snow was plowed into banks alongside the road. There was no where to run if a car started spinning out at him. It was Russian roulette and he got lucky.

I would think cops get some kind of training on how to handle situations like the one in the video. Surely that requires nerves of steel to handle that situation. The guy was acquitted so there must be more to the story than just the video.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)