Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Pace Ratings
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 06:03 PM   #26
denniswilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
I don't think you should be upgrading numbers as SR does.
More power to him for actually detailing what he does, but I can't cop it personally.

Being a times person myself, I find it very irritating, that I can't get time to be worth two bob at Happy Valley.
Maybe that is why they don't work for you at HK?
Time is the number one thing for me at Shatin though.

Appreciate you chiming in, Steve.

I don't use numbers at all, really. I programmed Rowland's and Brohamer's methods but they're not as useful as graphing the races - especially since they started offering 200M split times. I'm doing a lot of what Jeff describes above.

I generated some speed numbers using your pars and looked at them for a few cards (they were similar to those you post on X). They're very good. At some point, I'll do some pace figures. Maybe during the off season. Right now, one of my charts has a line for PAR, so I easily can see the race flow and which sections are fast or slow. (Although, this was programmed before they added 200M splits, so I don't see those sectionals).

I saw one of your X posts for HV, and I thought the numbers were very good.
denniswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom