Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 06:21 PM   #35
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by five-eighths View Post
Man all this talk of live racing

They just closed my track HP a couple of weeks ago on the day the horses were supposed to ship in at the last minute. Some drove 14 hours with their horses only to have to turn around and go back

So we were just left with a single harness track in Northville until that was just sold to a developer last week. At least they will be running there till 2020 but after that who knows? The owner says he wants to build a new track, but he also wants slot machines, good luck with that in Michigan.

Even though they ran mostly 4K, 5K claimers the attendance was good even if it was mostly for the cheap beer. They didn’t charge for parking or admission meant more money for betting for me. Even when you lose a little you still have a good time being outside with your buddies watching the crowd and betting the ponies.

Not having a local TB track to go to will definitely put a dent in my interest and amount or races I will bet. Might have to take a couple of road trips to get my fix of live TB racing.
Can't believe a state like Michigan can't support a racetrack. Is Arlington now your closest racetrack? You have probably already been, but AP is an excellent facility
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)