Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2023, 12:16 PM   #25
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by shout1966 View Post
" The Jockey Club collects information on 113 American racetracks. The reported rate of thoroughbred fatalities has steadily decreased from 2.00 horse fatalities per 1000 starts in 2009 to 1.53 in 2019."
i'm not reading many posts that describe how we've improved the vet exams or breed or medications, but have had an unfortunate cluster.

it's like the posts on CAW odds drops where nobody bothers to project will-pays.

Other than the nostalgia factor, and the two heart-breaking stretch breakdowns we've just had, things are a significantly BETTER, not worse.

if there's something beyond a simple bad luck clustering, the start would seem to logically consider the rain and flux of track conditions. Unfortunately that isn't an area I expect the tracks to flex. Otherwise, we could have weather like this meet and constantly cancel and reschedule cards and stakes days to a point where it would threaten to damage the meet financially almost as bad a worst case scenario such as these breakdowns.

Even with consideration of the rain, off tracks, track drainage, etc... it's a multi-faceted thing. If you watch New York Thunder's Amsterdam, other than running a big fig, his footwork and stretch run was not pretty. I had some negative notes on him although I did not wager on the Jerkens. Unless something comes up negative on a vet exam however, you can't start scratching stakes winners because of less than pretty way of going.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom