Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 04:00 PM   #20
headhawg
crusty old guy

I have watched Fields play as much or more than anyone here. Getsy didn't do him any favors, but Fields has poor field vision and is slow in processing the defense. DAMN slow. That won't be fixed. The Bears should trade him for a 2nd + a 4th to some team desperate for a QB. I love the idea of trading out of the first pick, but then what? You would have to like other QBs as much or more than CW. Who? Mayes? Not a chance. UNC plays no one and his stats aren't great. He just looks the part. But so did Ryan Leaf. Daniels? Maybe. A little thin for a guy who has his running style. Arm is only ok. Accuracy a little questionable, but probably will improve. The rest of the QBs are just guys with big flaws. Would take them with a 2nd round pick but not in the first. Can any of these QBs be a franchise guy? They all can, just look at Brock Purdy. Will one or more be the franchise guy? That's the multi-million dollar question.

I'm not completely sold on Williams. There's this gnawing feeling that he's Bryce Young II or a Matt Leinart type. All hype but crumbles on the big stage. Not a fan of his "management" team either. But his tape looks really good. He's probably not Mahomes, but if he turns out to be a Drew Brees I would be extremely happy to have him on the Bears. Poles' job depends on getting this right. Good luck to him. And Bears fans.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)