Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: 2018-19 NBA
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #174
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale View Post
I was sidetracked after the game, but just wanted to add, for those who don't follow hoops, that if the MRI reveals KD's injury to be a complete rupture of the achilles, which seems likely, he has all but certainly destroyed a large part of his career, if not all of it, to possibly win one game. The achilles tendon is the strongest muscle in the body, and crucial for the lift and explosiveness required by basketball.

For those ridiculing Cousins' play in this series, until last year, he was one of the best centers in the league -- having monster games as late as last spring, when he blew out his achilles. Following surgery, he has returned as basically a journeyman-level player.
That's terrible.

Durant is one of the guys I root for. He came up in the DC-Area, PG County where I had played a lot of basketball.

I haven't followed basketball closely.

Read a comment about the point spread movement yesterday morning (on PA), and was interested enough to do some quick google/web-surfing.

-In that search, I came across several (what I would consider unreliable, especially in that context/before-the-achilles-injury) low-value sources, proclaiming that it was actually his achilles, and that by playing, he was risking a free-agent payday etc...

I dismissed that content as low value.

Then, last night, I checked score before falling off to sleep, and I see the terrible injury, and I see guys like (former NFL player) Sharpe, and Charles Barkley blabbing and tweeting 'i told you so' type of perspectives...

Kind of shocking. I don't know if these were just vulgar 'gossip' types, or if there really was an 'elephant in the room', regarding an obvious serious achilles risk. I can't imagine Durant and his team/agents giving the green light to play in such a situation, even with the possible heroics of helping Golden State reverse momentum in the championship series. But it happened. In hindsight, the vulgar gossipers look like they knew all along. I haven't followed his condition at all, outside of half-hour window yesterday/today.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.