Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #72
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Who did you deem competent, Mike, that the GOP should have nominated? Jeb? Kasich? I could go on and on with those that also ran for the GOP nod.

None of them would have defeated Hillary, especially Kasich if he was your answer. Please don't forget that he was in the primary campaign from the very beginning ... and won just one state, Ohio. Kasich also got trounced in states where his moderate ways should have been appealing, New Hampshire, Michigan, and others.

Same with Jeb!, Scott Walker, and especially Ted Cruz, whom I am more in line idiologically speaking.

Another thing people need to think more clearly about: it's been Trump's policy positions and successes that has been the highlight his first year as President. And that's with the GOP leaders, the media, and Democrats all going against him.

What Trump policy achievements don't you like?

Trump's the most remarkable and competent president we've had in ages, like him or not.
I agree with about 95% of this. He is the only one who would have defeated Hillary. I'm glad he did. He certainly is remarkable. He's put CNN and MSNBC is a tizzy. Competent? I'm not so sure. I think he's a scared and angry older man. I recognize this because I think I'm becoming a little of this myself. I turn 60 next week. I also believe he has racial issues. I'm sure he doesn't see himself as a racist, while those to the far left see him as KKK. As usual the answer lies in the middle. He was born of privilege and that certainly is part of it. There's been too many times in this past year where it's reared it's ugly head to me. Among the best and the brightest I do believe Trump would hire whoever he deemed the best person regardless of race. I do believe he smears the rest. It's more of a generation thing than anything else. His people try and hide his flaws and he has many. Trump isn't used to this scrutiny. In business his word is God. Now? He's never right in whatever he does. That's why he watches as much TV as he does. He views his critics and then tweets. The way the media is these days I really don't blame him. I do believe he used the word shit hole. He's trying to back off now. CNN and MSNBC using that word in the scroll was terrible. It was obviously to undermine Trump. I didn't vote for Trump. But I was happy he defeated Hillary. I just wished we had better choices.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most