Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 05:18 PM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I would start out using the figures I have for the horses that have been running at other tracks to make projection figures. I'd use some kind of standard distance chart.

Once I got going, I'd pay close attention to whether certain distances are running faster or slower than expected based on that chart. If so, I'd start tweaking the chart.

I would also create class PARs based on similar tracks in the area and the ongoing data as I accumulated it.

I think class PARs are useful. We are all going to have some biases in our thinking that will tend to create figure drift when we use projections alone. Looking at PARs will help anchor that so your figures won't start getting progressively faster or slower.
I honestly wouldn't even know where to start with making pars any more. There are so many conditions and so many class levels it would take literally a decade or more to get any kind of real sample size.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.