Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #30
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's all very sad...and has NOTHING to do with guns...

Guns have been around well before these school massacres started happening with frightening regularity...

But liberals should just keep putting their heads in the sand and crying out about the guns being the problem...

And they call Republicans rednecks and dopes?
We have all heard the argument that "guns don't kill people, people kill people". It's a stupid argument, otherwise, every country in the world would have nuclear weapons and the U.S. would do nothing to deter the proliferation of nukes.

This is from the Department of Homeland Security:

"The Ammonium Nitrate Security Program is a proposed regulation developed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in response to direction from Congress to "regulate the sale and transfer of ammonium nitrate by an ammonium nitrate facility ... to prevent the misappropriation or use of ammonium nitrate in an act of terrorism."

If people kill people then why is the sale of ammonium nitrate regulated? Ammonium nitrate is as harmless as an assault rifle, right? Ammonium nitrate doesn't kill people, right?

Recently, a military veteran engaged in a standoff with police in Houston and managed to fire 212 shots from an AR-15 before he was killed by a SWAT sniper. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/06...12-rounds.html

Imagine if some guy like that opens up fire during rush hour on a Wall Street sidewalk some morning. Or maybe pulls a fire alarm at a school and shoots kids as they exit the building. You can't kill as many people with a knife or a shotgun as you can with a high capacity assault rifle.

Weapons like grenades, tanks, and hand-held ground-to-air missles are regulated for a reason.

There is no reason to own a military-style assault rifle with a high capacity clip. A shotgun is a better weapon for self-protection in the home than an AR-15. I'd even prefer a shotgun over a pistol for self-protection in the home.

Hunters argue that even the best hunters need more than one shot. I argue that if you're real hunter you only need one shot because you don't take the shot unless you are 100% sure you can hit your target. I was raised to shoot a single shot, bolt-action, 22 caliber rifle. By the way... my mom taught me how to shoot. When I hunted rabbits, I never needed a second shot because I never missed. I also never took a shot I knew I couldn't make. I also practiced, practiced, and practiced.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)