Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 08:16 PM   #114
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I would say that understanding a horse's past races better gives you a better chance to predict his chances of winning subsequent races. These debates on the impact of slow paces are an effort to understand past performances better.
Yes...but before we can rely on our methods to assist us in understanding the horses' PAST races...we have to make sure that these methods carry enough predictive value to efficiently do the job. And that can only be reliably accomplished by trying our methods out on races that have yet to be run. Once a race is run, many "theories" can be constructed to explain the race's outcome...but it's debatable whether any of them really contributed to what transpired in the run race.

It may be only me...but I am quite deadly when it comes to explaining the outcome of a race once the running is done. It's making sense of the race BEFOREHAND that gives me considerable trouble.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)