Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 12:34 PM   #120
classhandicapper

This was my pace projection for that GP Stake. My system generates multiple reports. This one gives me a quick look at the running styles of each horse in each race.

They are categorized as:

PS - Pure Speed
FR - Front Runner
NFR - Near Front Runner
Off - Off the pace (I don't bother breaking these down further because none of them are likely to impact the pace unless it's a paceless race to begin with)

The algorithm for assigning the running styles is my own. It adjusts for distance, surface, very lightly raced horses, give more weight to recent races, and tosses certain races that don't fit among other things. It was refined and tested until it was spitting out the best forward projections I could produce. It continues to evolve.

The horses are ranked in speed order. The numbers give me a mathematical way of separating horses with the same running style designation and also allows me to see how close the ones just outside the category limit were to the cutoff.

I didn't see anything special about the pace for this race. I expected Blacktype and Glorious Empire to keep each other company on the lead with Mr Havercamp, Zule Alpha, and Hi Happy in the next group. If you watch the race, Blacktype got left as the start. That left Glorious Empire as the lone main speed with a chance to be loose.

All this data is stored. Automated profiles are built to describe the pre race projections and then the profiles are compared to result charts so I can try to isolate the profiles that lead to races going to wire, falling apart at every distance and on every surface etc...

Those "hot" and "cold" profiles are stored and become part of another projection report I use to identify the races with pace opportunities across all the track I follow with one quick push of the button.

Everything is constantly being tested and updated as I accumulate more data and new insights.

Attached Images
File Type: png GPStake11.PNG (38.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-19-2018 at 12:42 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)