Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 06:46 PM   #48
equusvates

XML data

Since I am doing it anyway with Equibase approval, I will create a temporary link to my Dropbox and or Google Drive. Currently, I only work on the files at my leisure. The format will csv with one line per race which excel or any database can handle. The files will be huge in raw form and thus will be zipped. I have completed the race data portion of the files. I am about 60% complete with the entries portion of the files. Next are the past performances which are the largest single item. Then the workouts, results and payouts will be processed. Admittedly, the parsing technique I am using is tedious. A different technique is faster to write code for but is slower in execution. I have yet to strictly determine the format. I am leaning towards tagging the start of each entry, pp, workout…
Anyone with any suggestions is welcomed to input. Only one type will be done.

Horse racing needs more participants and a program that can somewhat entice more people is a good thing. I do not agree that data should be given out freely.. There is a cost that that must be burdened somewhere. I will freely give out my program to use the Equibase data or Brisnet. Of the A. I. Portions will not be included. In others portions of this forum I will start placing the program projections of a race a day in advance. No complete cards. Figure out your own pick 6.

One last thing. The intelligent port of the program will “never” be for sale. The free stuff can actually be computed by anyone programming experience or even by hand if you want to speed all night with pen paper and calculator. Why not sale. Legal reasons and why would I want to compete against myself? In any case, you will be surprised what the free version can do.

Last edited by equusvates; 04-09-2024 at 07:00 PM.
equusvates is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.