Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Weak Crop
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 08:56 AM   #23
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
People lack objectivity. I could start a whole thread on this in the handicapping section. This horse is good but outstanding is a reach at this point. Its almost July and he hasn't won a single race this year. He's got no shot vs. Thunder Snow right now and still has not proven himself vs his own generation.

People are talking about weak crops how about weak racing? Look at the horses people are mentioning. Yoshida and Catholic Boy should be on grass. Gift Box is a decent horse at his best. Tenfold is another "ok" horse. McKenzie got his ass handed to him in the Classic. The entire game is thin on classic horse talent and people are already comparing one crop. Welcome to mediocrity. Most with talent....run to the breeding shed. Of course a 3yo may have a say...look what's left. Why do you guys think Thunder Snow is here? You can't just be a fan, unless you like losing.... You gotta be objective and honest. If you are selling me that Game Winner is some "super horse" at this point......you are neither.
I was responding to the hypothetical post that if Game Winner wins the Travers and BC Classic and has an outstanding campaign it will indicate a strong 3YO crop.. My point was that even if he does, he is still just one horse and does not represent an entire drop. You are making a totally unrelated point about all of racing in response to my post.

Last edited by bobphilo; 06-18-2019 at 08:58 AM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.