Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Looking Back
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #34
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Russ View Post
I do my best to play only when I perceive value, but that part is tough. Was 1/5 on Unique Bella yesterday fair value? Maybe. That's a 20% profit. I've used some conditional betting tools, but it's not my preference, and it might be that I have not evolved to that level of automation. I can say that things got much better for me once I improved my strike rate significantly. Part of that is shorter fields, part is record keeping and review, and some is just fitting my play style to my personality. I prefer short losing streaks, and I've structured my game to match my psyche. I prefer to cover a lot of tracks, but not to spend time structuring vertical and horizontal plays. Not that there is anything wrong with approaching the game from that angle. It's just not for me, at least for now. My brain is old. I prefer things more simple.
Good thread. This sentence caught my attention as this sums up my approach also. As a perfectionist, horse race handicapping is a strange bedfellow, but I know the guy in the mirror very well, and he hates losing. I've learned that perfection in this game is just long term black numbers, nothing more. If your strike rate matches Altuve's batting average, you're at the top of your game, just as he is.

Love Thask's new tag line. He is a man that appreciates the intracacies of the human experience. Proven it many times on here.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)