Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
Parkview_Pirate

Depends on your state. TVG overlaps with Xpressbet and Twinspires for many states, but others on the board here will swear by BetPTC or Amwager, or some of the other smaller operators. If you want to bet the puppies, you'll need to look at Amwager or something similar.

Depends on your handle - if more concerned with rebates, it pays to shop around. Xpressbet and TS are relatively poor in this regard (along with TVG).

As for interfaces, I personally like the Twinspires' Classic mode - which evolved a bit from Winticket. They have various reward levels (like almost all ADWs), but they don't penalize the minnows, and there's no impact for inactivity (that I know of). They offer free Brisnet Ultimate PPs, which I prefer over DRF, but to each his own.

Xpressbet has better customer service (at least more responsive IMHO). I don't like the wagering interface as well, or the video screens that reset and go blank every 30 minutes. I do like their handicapping store interface a bit more than Twinspires when purchasing with cash, but for small players the rewards points won't keep up with purchases - at least for the DRF.

You'll find that some of the smaller operators don't have as many of the tracks, so it's critical to keep the venues in mind. It's annoying that they don't list state level restrictions on all the sites (just checked at NYRA bets), which would come in handy for comparison shopping.

One piece of advice I can stress - get and maintain at least two ADWs, since on the busiest days some of them have gone offline for extended periods.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)