Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 12:46 AM   #156
Mulerider

The gray horse you see in post #150, standing in Thompson's Kill Lot waiting for his trailer ride to Mexico three days from now, is Colt's Dream. A six-year-old maiden, this grandson of Secretariat raced at Delta Downs one week ago today. Three days later he went through Dominique's Livestock Auction, a facility widely known to be a favorite shopping facility for kill buyers. The high bidder was Jacob Thompson.

Clearly his connections made no attempt to re-home this horse; neither could these particular connections be considered "backyard." The trainer has over 11,000 starts. The owner has owned multiple horses for many years.

I find it highly unlikely that these connections were unaware that they were running this horse through a dangerous ring; I also think it is highly unlikely that they don't know Jacob Thompson either through reputation or on sight.

If either Jake E. Leger, trainer, or Taminy Doucet, owner, were present at this auction during the bidding then I believe it is likely that they were in violation on Delta's prohibition of selling a horse to slaughter, as defined in Rule 23 of Delta's 2017-2018 Thoroughbred Stall Application.

Not that Delta will investigate it when it's brought to their attention.

Last edited by Mulerider; 03-18-2018 at 12:57 AM.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)