Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: HIDDEN SCROLL
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 AM   #65
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
I don't have a bias against Hidden Scroll Mr. Hoss.
He just doesn't impress me very much.
In this thread before the Fountain of Youth, I outlined my reasons why I thought he might not be as good as many thought.......and running fourth @ 6-5 sort of backed that up.
As I stated with Country House,I feel he's on uptick....my opinion is he's improving.....he seems much more settled and further along than Scroll.
Tacitus I really like........I think he's solid.
FWIW: In the Tampa Bay Derby thread (before the race) I stated why I thought Tacitus was heading in the right direction,made him my race selection(at a solid price)and also said he was Mott's best 3yo.
So since I'm not striking out with my logic..........I'll hope I continue to have it right.
Peace.
Again I disagree with most of this. I actually feel like Hidden Scroll validated his debut with his 4th in the FOY. You don’t have to win a race to run well. More often than not the winner of a particular race isn’t the horse that ran the best due to pace, trip, dynamics.

Country House is more settled because he has very little early speed. But I’m still not sure why he has the right to improve and Hidden Scroll doesn’t.

We always seem to favor horses we were right about before a race. Nice pick with Tacitus. I just disagree he’s Mott’s best 3 year old (figs do as well) and think he had everything go his way in Tampa. I’m going to need to see him do it again against better. Appreciate the discussion though. It’d be boring if we all agreed on everything.
Dahossdaboss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)