Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 03:33 PM   #37
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post
as a long-time wrestler i am admittedly biased but the work to rest ratio is higher in wrestling than it is in mma and higher in mma than it is in boxing.

while this certainly influences the length of individual matches in these sports you can wrestle several matches in a single tournament and the practices are just brutal if you're on any kind of decent team.

probably the hardest thing though is managing the weight cutting..... not just once every two years for a conor mcgregor fight.... but on a weekly basis throughout an entire season and often right before a match in high school. (in college we often weighed in on an honor system the day before. idk how they do it now though?)

one good wrestler on my team in high school was also a race car driver and said he thought that was as hard as wrestling. i respected his opinion but he wasn't running several miles a day and going through intense two hour practices in heated rooms under extreme caloric restriction for months at a time for auto racing so i didn't agree with him but this was his experience so maybe it's not totally crazy that nascar is on the list??
Wrestling might be 2nd for me the more I think about it. If we had professional wrestling and not just college or olympic wrestling , I'd definitely make it number 2.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)