Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 12:45 PM   #47
racenomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I didn't know much of that early story.

I've been saying for a long time that imo the best formula for success going forward will be the tracks that can combine quality racing with it being a more generalized vacation destination where people go to get away. It requires more than just the track facility.

Places like Saratoga and DelMar are no brainers now, but there are other places that imo could find similar magic. Ironically, I think a place like Finger Lakes could be a huge success if a lot more money was put into it and it was timed right. Monmouth has potential near the Jersey shore. There are others. Some I think will never cut it.

I hate to be so laissez-faire about it all because I miss the bigger crowds and greater interest, but sometimes you have to adjust to the reality of the environment you are in. Maybe your industry is going to shrink and lose jobs, but something else will rise and create even more jobs and activity. The latter will only happen if you are spending those hundreds of millions of dollars wisely.
Oaklawn too

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)