Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 05:10 PM   #939
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
The deal could close as late as mid-Sept (see 8k from a week or so ago). There was also a second request from the FTC on the deal. Given the second request, there's a chance the combined companies could be forced to divest parts of the biz, which would result a downward adjustment to the purchase price (see proxy docs). It probably all works out, but if it were as riskless as you've outlined, the arbs would not allow such a wide gap, imo.
Thanks Mike for the update. I kept mum on this ever since the deal was first announced. I knew some states have tried to put roadblocks up but I thought that was just about over.

When I saw that there was a 'quick' 20 percent to be made, I thought I'd share that with my friends on PA.

I cannot believe there will be much divestiture of either company because the industry and these companies are quite small.

The arbs are way smarter than I am but then I have had nearly 20 companies I've owned over the years that were taken over. I'll concede them their brains but that's about it.

I've held stock in both companies for ages, so I don't care how it eventually plays out in a way. I'm keeping the stock forever and ever...
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most